· This type of floor system tackles the problem of shear transfer across the diaphragm
· Raised floor system are waterproofed
· It leads to reduction in the cost of construction in high seismic regions
· Raised floor system could serve as a high thermal mass base material for radiant heat systems which are distributed by hot air or hot water. So, Heating and cooling a building with a raised flooring system is more efficient
· The concrete surface can be finished as a final floor finish as desired by sealing, polishing, stamping, or staining. Consequently, the extra cost of covering used for covering floors will no longer be needed
· Acoustic isolation is another advantages offered by raised floor system.
· In high wind threat areas, elevated floor system will improve the lateral resistance and durability of multistory building especially when it combined with concrete roof system
· Fire is suppressed from floor to floor